May 20, 2010

Praise God for answered prayer!

I received a letter from a lady I have been in contact with who just got back from China.  Her daughter is from the same orphanage as Melia.  This is what she had to say:

"I just wanted to let you know that we are so thankful that our daughter received the care she did at the Linyi SWI.  We have had an incredible attachment process thus far (although I know it goes on for a lifetime).  By the end of our second week in China, she allowed both my husband and I to care for her and she was affectionate with both of us.  Now, after 2 weeks home, she couldn't be more loving and affectionate.  I think it's partly because of the wonderful, loving nannies at Linyi SWI. 
When the nannies brought our daughter to our hotel room in Jinan, there were 3 nannies.  Her nanny had been with her for years and was able to answer all of my questions in detail.  It was more than we had ever hoped for."
 
Since we started this process, our prayer has been that our daughter would be well taken care of, that the nannies would love her like their own, and that the environment would be loving and safe.  From the sounds of it, this particular orphanage has done all that and then some.  We have not experienced this for ourselves yet, but it seems like God has answered our prayer.  I'm going to call these God incidences "fingerprints of God" and I have a feeling we are going to see many more as we travel to and stay in China.  I'm praising the God of the Universe for paying attention to even the littlest details...!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment