June 8, 2010

A day of rest, finally!

The picture is a little blurry, but you can see her first outfit, a dress!



This is her routine, playing with her dolly and some books. What cute pj's she has!



Nothing like a little skin on skin time with Baba!


Since we started this journey, we have not had one day of rest. Today was the first and we are enjoying by, well, resting. Since Melia woke up this morning at 3:30 am, I got up too. I took a nap this afternoon and Adam is resting now. Melia has been napping-3 hours so far. I think with her body trying to fight off this fever, she needs her rest. I will probably wake her soon for I want to sleep tonight! :0)

As for adjusting to our new little girl, I think things are going well. Your prayers are being answered. If we are out in public, she reaches her arms out to anyone Chinese but then clings to me. She actually does not like being around people all that much, too much stimulation. She is not used to it and her nannies say that her personality is more timid. When we are in our room though, she is all giggles, and laughter. Tomorrow should be interesting for we will board a train for 3+ hours to Linyi City. I will be taking Dramamine so that my puke does not co-mingle with the pee on the floor from the bottomless infants! We plan on taking some outfits and food for the children of the orphanage (thanks Kaela and Skip to my Lu Barrette Designs for the donation $).

I may not post tomorrow because of the busy day, but I will try to the next day with pictures of where little Melia Lu stayed for 2 years of her life.

ps. We can feel the prayers all the way over here in China!
Also, Josiah- the Great Wall was so beautiful, I wish you could have seen it for yourself. Some day mom and dad will have to bring you here!

4 comments:

  1. Bless you as you visit the orphanage. That was such a significant day for us. She will stop reaching out to everyone soon. It wasn't until we got home that Lydia stopped doing that. And, she also definitely preferred being in the room in the quiet than out in all the busyness of a Chinese city. Makes sense. I wonder if they ever left the orphanage before, you know?
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cori, this is Keelie, Mikaela's friend. I can't believe it's taken me this long to get onto your blog. I am overwhelmed and brought to tears at this journey you've been on and are literally on now! What a beautiful thing adoption is! I praise God that this dream of yours has come true and that this little girl will have such a loving home to grow up in! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Finally got on here and am catching up - and for some reason I am crying while reading and looking at all these pictures. This is truly such a beautiful time in your life - so amazing to think of how you are adopting this precious girl into your life reminds me of how amazing it is that God adopts us as his sons and daughters. I am so glad you are bonding, that she is smiling and laughing, and am praying that she continues to get better (no more fevers). Looking forward to seeing her back home. Love you guys - Jen Duey

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE the updates of your journey to your beautiful daughter. Continue to keep you in our prayers!

    ReplyDelete