December 23, 2011

I'm caught up...it is still DECEMBER!!

 December has seemed to fly by in a blink of an eye, just where did the time go?  I think I may have to detail it out for you so you don't think I'm kidding.  It starts out with a weekend away with a lovely friend, to be followed by a partial tonsillectomy/ear tube insertion for little missy sue.  Following that is the middle school band concert, preschool Christmas concert, violin recital, a few Christmas parties, cleaning the house for Christmas, Christmas shopping, dog sitting, stomach flu....you get the picture.  Did you hear I won mother of the year award?  That's right, I set aside an entire afternoon to bake Christmas cookies with B-rocket.  I didn't grow up making cookies for the holiday season, so I typically don't feel the need on an annual basis to do so either.  This year, however, I was asked and I relinquished.  It is after all my son's love language-quality time.  We made some lovely cookies and I gained a little more of B's heart.

As I sit here at 3pm in my jammies on the eve of the eve of Christmas, I have everything DONE.  Ok, there is that load of laundry that still needs to be dried, but most of everything else is done.  I look forward to tonight when we will go to the Christmas Eve Service and listen to amazing music and light the traditional candle while singing Silent Night.  It is THE most favorite thing for me to watch my sons become entranced by the flame of that simple candle.  In that moment of having the flame light up their faces with wonder and awe, I see them growing and growing.  I have this sinking feeling that before I know it, I will be seeing those same faces watching that light with their little ones.  I'm grateful for those glimpses that God gives us of His greatness.

I wish you all a very Merry Christmas.  I pray that you too are entranced by the Reason for the Season-JESUS!

Tis the season.  Putting up the Christmas tree.


My family...



I HAD to add this one...that's what he gets for taking such a goofy self-portrait!

Cookie making


Concerts:
G-man

B-rocket

Missy Sue doing the reindeer pokey.  
What is not captured, is the dance she did when they did 'the reindeer pokey and you turn yourself around'.  She turned in a complete circle while slapping her back-end.  Where did she learn that from??

 ps.  look at the boy in the background...HA!





No comments:

Post a Comment