December 29, 2010

'Twas the night(s) before Christmas

'Twas the night(s) before Christmas and all through the house, ALL the creatures were stirring, even the mouse!  We have been busy, busy, busy...we've been wrapping, and laughing.  We've been eating green ice cream, baking cookies and watching plays.  We are plain getting ready for Christmas!

Here is Kieran drawing a picture of how we celebrate Christmas for school.  What you don't see because he has not drawn it yet, is Jesus not in a manger but on a very dark cross.  His reasoning?  He said we wouldn't really have Christmas if Jesus didn't die.  Now that's a deep thought.


If you know me at all, you know that I don't bake cookies for Christmas.  Yes, you heard me right.  I don't bake one dozen, let alone 60 in all different flavors and kinds.  This year I was feeling guilty (as if making cookies at Christmas makes you a better mom?!)  Well, with the help of Adam, we made two kinds of cookies this year.  Sugar cookies and gingerbread.  We made the gingerbread into little men and decorated them.  K won the decorating contest.  We had lots of fun...we might even do it again next year.





Kieran and his Kindergarten class put on a play called "Gingerbread Baby".  He played the part of the dad whose son was baking gingerbread men and in the process of baking came alive.  Notice the gingerbread baby under the desk?  It was so cute and all the kids did great.  Didn't he really look the part?  


Of course, while acting his part, he managed to give a sly look to his mother sitting in the front row.



Take a bow!  You all did a wonderful job....




Melia playing with her new cards in the her new favorite place .




Ah!  More cookies...and no, I didn't make them all myself.  The ladies in our small group bible study got together to bake.  We each came away with different kinds of cookies to share at Christmas.  YUMMY!




Melia getting her first experience sticking her tongue out to catch some snowflakes, precious.




Here is that green ice cream I was telling you about.  Mark it down for another first!



Still dreaming of that green ice cream wishing she could have more.



A different day, and I still see those smiles.

No comments:

Post a Comment